Vocational Rehabilitation Program Specialist, GS-101-13, located in the Rehabilitation Services Administration, State Monitoring and Program Improvement Division (SMPID), Technical Assistance & VR Units closes on June 15, 2015 and is open to everyone.
Job Description—The Independent Living Center
Reports to: Core Services Manager
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
The Benefits/SNAP Coordinator will provide information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and application assistance to families with special consideration for senior citizens and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the Benefits/SNAP Coordinator is responsible for finding innovative ways to increase the capacity of SNAP outreach among partner agencies. This position is grant-based and is available while funding is available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach work with partner agencies and educate low-income individuals about available benefits with special attention to SNAP benefits, administer pre-screenings, assist with application completion and follow-up.
- Educate staff and volunteers of partner agencies about ways to provide SNAP outreach and assistance.
- Participate in community meetings, collaborations, and forums to educate groups about the SNAP program.
- Deliver presentations on SNAP.
- Develop and conduct SNAP outreach workshops.
2. Provide information and referral help to individuals and families, program staff and volunteers based upon a comprehensive understanding of food resources and other available benefits. Responsible for remaining up-to-date with changes in SNAP and sharing this knowledge with local partners.
3. Advocate reducing barriers that currently hinder SNAP enrollment.
4. Reporting functions include:
- Activity reporting for funding purposes
- Data recording as required by our partners at the National Council on Aging (NCOA)
- Application tracking and follow-up
5. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or three years related work experience or the equivalent.
- Experience working in or with social services community organizations.
- Experience in community outreach and advocacy.
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to quickly asses issues and develop new strategies.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office environment (Word, Excel, Outlook) and standard office equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail, deal with interruptions, and maintain focus on tasks while producing accurate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively when speaking and in writing using standard forms of professional and office communication.
- Ability to make presentations and develop and deliver reports to a varied audience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Individuals with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be willing to travel regionally with occasional over-night travel.
Hiring: Part-time Sports Broadcast Studio Producer to work with KLKC Radio (93.5 MAX FM/Katy Country 1540 AM) in Parsons, KS. Weekend and weekday evening hours are required according to game schedules. A working knowledge of basic broadcast equipment (control boards, Windows computers, recording software, etc.) is preferred but not required. Must be self-motivated and a team player, supporting individuals with disabilities in the workplace. Background checks required. SKIL is an EOE, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please submit resumes to: Matt Newbery, SKIL Media Radio Group, P.O. Box 1706, Pittsburg, KS 66762.
Hiring: Part-time Sports Broadcast Studio Producer to work with KSEK Radio (U-Rock 99.1 FM/Fox Sports 1340 AM) in Pittsburg, KS. Weekend and weekday evening hours are required according to game schedules. A working knowledge of basic broadcast equipment (control boards, Windows computers, recording software, etc.) is preferred but not required. Must be self-motivated and a team player, supporting individuals with disabilities in the workplace. Background checks required. SKIL is an EOE, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please submit resumes to: Matt Newbery, SKIL Media Radio Group, P.O. Box 1706, Pittsburg, KS 66762.
WANTED: Home Health Aide to work for Independent Strides Home Health. Must have a CNA/HHA certification in Kansas and have reliable transportation. Home Health experience is essential. Interested persons may call (620) 423-3328 to receive an application in the mail or an application may be picked up at: Independent Strides, 1712 Main, Parsons KS 67357. Independent Strides is an EOE.