SKIL was created by; is driven by; and is focused on persons with disabilities, their families, and communities. We provide Advocacy, Education, and Support with Customer Controlled services to break down and remove existing barriers and bridge social gaps to ensure and preserve Equality and Independence for all.

If you are not working or working reduced hours due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits.
If you suspect an unemployment claim has been improperly filed using your identity, click here.






Due to the potential spread of the Corona Virus, all SKIL Offices will be closed to visitors and the general public until further notice. SKIL staff will continue providing services while the offices are closed. Communication, during this time, will take place through phone, email or fax. If needing to turn in or receive a hire packet and/or other paperwork, we encourage you to send your information by email to your local SKIL office. When bringing paperwork to SKIL offices during regular business hours, call that office, and someone will come to the door to assist you.    DSW Essential Worker - Proof Form
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ALL Exception forms are due by the 5th & the 20th of the Month. Exception forms received late will be paid on the Late Batch, which is called in ON paydays. Any time sheet received past 10:00 am on Paydays WILL pay the FOLLOWING pay date. This change is in accordance with The Federal Reserve requirements of our Financial Institution. Please be sure to use the Authenticare Call system for prompt payment.

2020 SKIL Fiscal Agent DSW W2 forms are now available ONLINE!




How to Vote in Kansas

Voters with disabilities, get ready and vote in the General Election on or before November 3, 2020, with this voter guide, prepared by AAPD’s REV UP.

 1. Registering to Vote

  • How can I register to vote? You can register online at Kansas’s online registration portal or by downloading and mailing this form. If you have already registered, you can double-check your voter registration status at org.
  • When do I need to register? Make sure to register by October 13 because Kansas does not allow people to register on Election Day.
  • Do I need an ID? You will likely need to have a Kansas address and a Kansas ID, or a social security number if you don’t have a state ID.
  • Can I vote if I have a disability? Yes! People with disabilities who are at least 18 years old have the right to vote. Your vote matters and is protected by laws to ensure voting is accessible, independent, and private. If you have a guardian, you can still vote. Contact your local Protection and Advocacy agency for help understanding or restoring your vote.

 2. Learning about the Issues

 3. Voting in Person

  • Where do I need to go to vote? If you are registered to vote, you can find your polling place through Kansas’s VoterView Online Portal.
  • When can I vote? Kansas allows in-person early voting, so you can vote between October 14 and November 2 and avoid lines on election day!
  • Can I vote from a car if the polling place is inaccessible? Yes, Kansas allows voters to request a ballot from a car, if a polling place is inaccessible.
  • What if I want assistance with my ballot? You may choose someone (except your boss or union agent) to assist you in completing your ballot.
  • Do I need an ID? Yes, you will need to bring an acceptable photo ID to the polling place.

  4. Voting by Mail

●      Can I vote by mail? Any Kansas voter can vote with an advance vote by mail ballot without an excuse.

  • How do I request a mail ballot? You must apply for an advance vote by mail ballot through your local elections office by completing, printing, signing, and mailing this form.
  • When do I need to request my ballot? The last day to request an absentee ballot is October 27. Request your ballot as soon as possible to make sure that your ballot is received on time.
  • How do I fill out my ballot? Kansas does not have an electronic absentee ballot available for voters with disabilities, so you must complete a paper ballot. Make sure to sign your ballot or envelope when prompted, since Kansas requires this signature to match your past signature. If receiving assistance, the person assisting you may need to sign an affidavit on the ballot.
  • What if I want assistance with my ballot? You should be allowed to choose someone, except for your boss or union agent, to assist you with completing your ballot. Someone assisting you may need to complete an affidavit to be returned with the paper ballot.
  • How do I return my ballot? Your ballot must be hand-delivered or mailed to your County Elections Office. Hand-delivered ballots must be received by November 3, and mailed-in ballots must be postmarked by November 3 and received by November 6, so request your ballot as soon as possible if you plan to vote by mail!
  • Do I need an ID? Yes, you need to provide a Kansas ID number or a copy of another acceptable ID listed on the Advance Ballot by Mail application.
  • Can I track my ballot? Yes, you can track your ballot on Kansas’s Ballot Tracker.

  5. Additional Resources

  • Where can I find more info on how to vote? Contact your local elections office:

Kansas Secretary of State Elections Division
Address: Memorial Hall, 1st Fl., 120 SW 10th Ave., Topeka, KS 66612-1594
Phone: 785-296-4561
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  • What if I am having trouble voting or registering to vote? If you have any trouble voting, contact your local Protection and Advocacy organization:

Disability Rights Center of Kansas
Address: 635 SW Harrison, Suite 100, Topeka, KS 66603
Phone: 785-273-9661, 877-776-1541 Toll Free
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.