Do you know an alumni of the Kansas Youth Leadership Forum who has been doing great things? Has this alum reached some of their goals on their Personal Leadership Plan?
If you think they deserve to be recognized, then nominate them for the Justin Cosco Scholarship Award, selected each year by the Kansas Youth Empowerment Agency!
The award began in 2004, but was renamed in 2007 after the death of an alumni of the first Kansas Youth Leadership Forum, Justin Cosco. Justin was very important to the KSYLF family and was a true leader and supporter of the Kansas Youth Leadership Forum.
This award is given to a KSYLF alumni who has demonstrated progress toward their goals and growth as a leader.
The following are requirements to receive this award (each nominee must meet one or more of these requirements):
- Be a KSYLF Alumni from the years of 2001-2012. (required)
- Have demonstrated leadership skills and accomplishments.
- Be in the process of completing and/or have completed the KSYLF Personal Leadership Plan.
- Have used community resources to pursue leadership goals.
- Be willing to participate in post KSYLF organizations/activities.
Alumni can either nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else. The nomination deadline is June 27, 2014.
One winner will be chosen and will be recognized at the KSYLF Mentor Luncheon on July 17, 2014.
The winner receives many benefits including a financial stipend, a plaque, recognition at the 2014 KSYLF Mentor Luncheon, and more!
To access a nomination form, click HERE.