In the November issue:
- Behind Julia's Glasses
- Thanksgiving is more than a holiday!
- Our Roots: KSYLF
- IL Community: APRIL Youth Conference
- Opportunities: State and National News
- Mentors: A Few Numbers
- The Little Moments: Staff Top 10
- Freedom to Reach Goals: Living Out Loud
- Workshop Voice in Healthcare: Health Conference
- Resources: Spotlight On Amber Meaux
- Our Funders and Supporters: Thank You!
- Voices of Our Youth: Question of the Month
My Home for the Holidays
Friday December 6, 2013
Parsons VFW -- 5:30 PM
Bring a Friend. Everyone is welcome at the SKIL Holiday Event.
Starting at 5:30 PM at the Parsons VFW
101 East Main Parsons.
Holiday Dinner -- Prizes
Music -- Dancing
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, Friends of Man wanted to take a moment to let you know how grateful we are for your work on behalf of the applicants for assistance from Friends of Man.
Without your help, we could not wisely allocate the funds given by our donors who want their money to be used 100% -- thoughtfully and carefully. Thank you.
TOPEKA -- The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services will be hosting an Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Friends and Family Tour in early December -- a question and answer session regarding the KanCare program.
There will be eight sessions over a four-day period, starting Dec. 2. Five of these sessions will be accessible through conference call for those who cannot attend in person.
On December 4 and 5, the National Council on Disability (NCD) will meet in Topeka, Kansas to host one of its quarterly board meetings.
Location and Call-In Information – The meeting will occur at the Kansas State House in the Old Supreme Court Chambers, located at SW 10th and SW Jackson, Topeka, KS 66612.