Skip Smith photos are at the link.... Holday photos
The evening started with a great dinner catered by Ultimate Choice Catering from Pittsburg. The Annual Meeting opened with Janet Spillman about 6:30. Rich Proehl, State Representative welcomed everyone to the event and recognized the family style event as one of a kind. Shari Coatney, CEO/Pres. recognized the SKIL Board members of 2013.
Election of Officers for 2014 – 2017 All passed unanimously.
- Chair – Nancy Varner
- Vice-Chair – Janet Spillman
- Secretary-Treasurer – Olivia Lyons
Stephanie Sanford shared with everyone the value of having heroes in the world. She related her own life story and how one person really can make a difference. She then explained how each person in the room has the power to be a Nelson Mandela in their part of the world. Skip Smith presented Stephanie with a portrait.
Annual Awards were presented as follows:
- Tom Robinson “Proving by Doing” to Jason Beach by Samuel Burnett
- John Spillman “Spirit of Independence” to Roberta Closs by Janet Spillman
- Sandra Klingensmith “Youth Award” to Melissa Jewett by Susan Roberson
- “Believe & Achieve “to Lee Beebeehe by Nancy Varner & Sydney Carnall
- Marty Wooten ”Advocacy ” Award to Laurie Alquist by Greg Jones
- Independent Strides “Dynamic Duo” to Bernhart & Anna Karhoff by Tarina Lane
- Bobbie Carter “Charitable Giving” to Amerigroup by Dave Sorrick
- Gary Cantrell “Excellence In Radio” to Dr. Terry Rothstein by Brandon Nivens
- Ron Garnett “Above & Beyond”to Jim Jackson by Pat Roark