The Disability Integration (DI) Cadre is hiring!
Disability Integration Advisor Lead – https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/464608200
A Disability Integration Advisor Lead serves as the expert-level advisor to the Command Staff and program areas providing expert-level advice, guidance and technical assistance on programmatic, physical and effective communication access for people with disability and others with access and functional need for all Presidentially Major Disaster and Emergency Declarations. This position has primary supervisory level duties for staff in field offices to which can range from 3-50 staff dependent on type of event.
As a Lead Disability Integration Advisor in FEMA's Reservist Program, some of the duties you will be responsible for include:
Implements FEMA and ODIC’s strategic plan, throughout disaster deployment both within and outside the organization; develops and executes measurements to keep pace with changing factors.
- Leading all Disability Integration staff and managing activities at a Joint Field Office.
- Advising, developing, and delivering technical training to guide, facilitate and achieve equal access throughout all disaster programs and services.
- Establishing and maintaining tone and tenor of Disability Integration across all aspects of response, recovery and mitigation while providing strategic analyses addressing disaster staffing, efficiency and capabilities to support disaster operations.
- Engaging existing coalitions as partners and building coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local tribal territorial governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, and disability advocacy leaders to achieve inclusive emergency management.
- Establishing and managing organizational and information resources strategically to achieve measurable outcomes which prioritize the needs of disaster survivors.
- Meeting organizational goals and customer expectations and making decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
To learn more about the Office of Disability Integration and Coordination visit https://www.fema.gov/office-disability-integration-and-coordination
SALARY RANGE: (RSV) $40.77 to $40.77 / Per Hour
SERIES & GRADE: IM-0089-00/00
POSITION INFORMATION: Temporary - Intermittent employment not to exceed 2 years
Reservists (RSV) (Intermittent) https://careers.fema.gov/reservists-intermittent
DUTY LOCATIONS: multiple vacancies, locations negotiable
WHO MAY APPLY: All U.S. citizens
TRAVEL REQUIRED (Domestic travel in US States and US Territories)
- 75% or Greater
- 300 days a year or greater Travel (deployments) will be required
- This position requires travel to emergency sites. Non-emergency travel may be required
RELOCATION AUTHORIZED: No
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Public Trust - Background Investigation
SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
Visit USAJobs to apply at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/464608200
This announcement will close at 11:59 pm EST on Tuesday, May 16, 2017