Office of Special Educations Programs is seeking feedback
The Office of Special Education Programs within the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) wants your feedback!
The current blog posting concerns a proposed approach for including results data in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C determinations process. At the request of OSEP, the Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA) developed a proposal for using results data to review states’ performance results for children who receive early intervention services. We would like your feedback on the proposal.
Health Insurance Marketplace offers tool to help consumers review their plan options for 2015
Beginning this week, consumers can visit HealthCare.gov to review detailed information about each health insurance plan offered in their area before applying ahead of open enrollment, which starts November 15, according to an announcement made today by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Administrator Marilyn Tavenner.
With more issuers offering coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace this year, the majority of consumers will find more affordable options for themselves and their families. By answering a few simple questions, such as location and family size, consumers will be able to compare plans and get an estimate on how much financial assistance they may qualify for when shopping for coverage, without needing to submit an application.
Ms. Wheelchair Kansas seeking contestants and nominations
Contestants can be nominated by a person or group or can choose to participate in the program. Organizations and companies are being encouraged to nominate women who are passionate, dynamic, articulate, and who have a message to share throughout the state.
Election Day is tomorrow... Nov. 4!
Here are the 3 things you need to know before you go vote:
1. Kansas: Election Day is Tomorrow (Tuesday)
POLLS OPEN: 7:00 AM
Don't forget to bring photo ID!
2 Click here to find your polling place
3 And finally, here’s the most important part: remind your friends and family to vote!
Urgent DOL Rule Action Alert
We all need to Urge Congress to Delay the FSLA Companionship Changes!
- Kansas Youth Leadership Forum searching for applicants and volunteers
- Medicare Open Enrollment is underway through Dec. 7
- President Obama issues proclamation for Blind Americans Equality Day
- Have you registered to vote yet? The deadline to do so is Oct. 14!
- Legislators send letter urging U.S. Labor Dept. to suspend rule that could dramatically increase home care costs to seniors, disabled
- Get ready for Medicare Open Enrollment!
- Disability Update from The White House: Celebrating National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- There's no need to be awkward
- October 5-11 is Mental Illness Awareness Week: Let's talk about mental health!
- President Obama issues proclamation for National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Mobility Rodeo slated for this Saturday in Wichita
- Ruling on in-home Medicaid services creates questions for providers, beneficiaries
- Concerned about the policies for Waiver programs? Send a letter to CMS
- New IRS publication helps you find out if you qualify for a Health Coverage Exemption
- New statewide alliance is formed -- Self Direction Care Providers of Kansas
- FOR SALE: 2005 Ford E150 Econoline Van
- FOR SALE: 2004 Chevrolet Venture extended minivan
- What the new Department of Labor changes will mean to you
- NCIL Information Alert: Advocacy action steps for consumers & advocates regarding the new Labor Department Home Care Rules
- Resource Central - Stephen Busby and The Power of the Disability Vote
- CRO of H.O.P.E. makes deal with Parsons Pizza Hut for fundraiser
- KDADS HCBS-I/DD waiting list update
- Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation's Public Policy Fellowship Program accepting applications for 2014-15
- October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Pittsburg SKIL picnic featured on KOAM-TV
- DOJ, HHS post tribute video celebrating Olmstead anniversary
- Colyer selected to city advisory board; earns state advocacy award
- SEK AT takes the challenge
- Nation’s 911 System inching towards greater accessibility
- Obama signs Autism Act Renewal
- Education Advocate Training coming to Pittsburg Nov. 18
- HELP WANTED: Benefits/SNAP Coordinator
- The Sheila Miller MS Bike Team is in training!
- Protecting America’s Wounded Warriors -- Not a choice, an obligation
- Congratulations to Jon Greenfeather & Karen Baker -- iPad winners
- HS students with disabilities could qualify for Career Tech Education program
- HCBS? This Matters to You!
- Joint statement from the Departments of Education and Health & Human Services regarding the WIOA
- Senate HELP Committee conducting survey of persons with disabilities
- From NCIL: WIOA overwhelmingly passes House, moves to President’s desk for signature!
- Statement by the President on Wednesday's passage of the WIOA
- Hiring: Part-time Sports Broadcast Studio Producer
- Hiring: Part-time Sports Broadcast Studio Producer
- WANTED: Home Health Aide
- Will a Kansas city be first in the Midwest to adopt modern wheelchair access icon?
- An important message from NCIL's Lou Ann Kibbee
- Fishing Has No Boundaries 2014 is a success
- Enhanced Vision giving away a new portable electronic magnifier
- KYEA now accepting nominations for Justin Cosco Scholarship Award
- From ADAPT: Call Labor Secretary regarding Companionship Exemption regulations