Ms. Wheelchair Kansas featured on newspaper's website
NCIL Action Alert: Tell Congress to stop Medicare reform mistakes that impede access to wheelchair repairs!
Many Medicare beneficiaries’ access to mobility equipment and repairs is becoming increasingly challenged as a result of recent Medicare reform. In July 2013, Medicare introduced the Durable Medical Equipment Competitive Bidding Program.
This program lowers the amount that Medicare pays for mobility equipment and limits who can supply and repair these items. As a result, access to repairs for integral mobility equipment such as wheelchairs and walkers is becoming increasingly limited.
Resource Central - The Spirit of Marty Wooten with Shari Coatney
Juddmo talks to Shari Coatney, CEO of SKIL, about Marty Wooten. Wooten was one of the founding mothers of SKIL Incorporated who recently passed away. Shari talks about what it was like working with Marty, and how she didn't back down when it came to the rights of individuals with disabilities. Shari shares how the spirit of Marty Wooten lives on.
Hear it Friday mornings on the SKILmedia Radio Network. Max FM 93.5, U-Rock 99.1 FM, Fox Sports 1340 AM, or Katy Country 1540 AM.
Download Embed Embed this video on your site
Tenth Annual SEK Fishing Has No Boundaries event slated for June 21
Southeast Kansas Fishing Has No Boundaries will be hosting its 10th Annual Fishing Event for anglers with disabilities on June 21 at Big Hill Lake in Labette County.
The SEK chapter, chaired by Shari Coatney, is offering opportunities to help sponsor activities that will include breakfast, lunch and a cook-out at the end of the day.
The original concept was developed by Bobby Cammack, a fishing guide in Hayward, Wis. In 1986, he broke his leg and discovered he had trouble pursuing his passion of fishing. Two years later he hosted a fishing event designed to enable people with disabilities to enjoy the great outdoors.
HELP WANTED: Home Health Aide
WANTED: Home Health Aide to work for Independent Strides Home Health. Full-time. Excellent Benefits. Must have a CNA/HHA certification in Kansas and have reliable transportation. Home Health experience is essential. Interested persons may call (620) 423-3328 to receive an application in the mail or an application may be picked up at: Independent Strides, 1712 Main, Parsons KS 67357. Independent Strides is an EOE.
HELP WANTED: RN
WANTED: RN to work for Independent Strides Home Health agency. Full-time. Excellent Benefits. Must have a Kansas license. Home Health experience would be an asset. Interested persons may call 620-423-3328 to receive an application in the mail or an application may be picked up at: Independent Strides, 1712 Main St, Parsons KS 67357. Independent Strides is an EOE.
- HELP WANTED: Radio Sports Announcer
- HELP WANTED: Personal Care Attendant
- From NCIL: Mental health rights in danger: action needed!
- President Obama issues proclamation for World Autism Awareness Day -- April 2
- SKIL founder Marty Wooten passes
- Special Enrollment Periods in the Marketplace
- Resource Central - Updates with Shari
- Autism bill to full Kansas Senate
- Resource Central - Daren Sorrick Talks Progress
- 2014 SACK Conference set for June 27-29 in Topeka
- "PD Waiting List Verification Form" from the State of Kansas
- March 13 - Bingo at the CRO
- CRO Person of the month Barbra Frazier
- Information about the Underserved List
- Social Security to expedite decisions on disability claims filed by veterans
- NCIL Action Alert: Invite Your Members of Congress to the 2014 NCIL Congressional Briefing & Reception on Capitol Hill!
- CRO of HOPE Chili Cook-off winner announced
- Learn about Indpendent Living History
- Kansas Youth Leadership Forum extends application deadline to Feb. 21
- GI Bill Online Complaint System established
- SKIL mourns the loss of Jonas, advocate for persons with disabilities
- Resource Central - Rob Jones Bikes Across America
- KanCare primed for Feb. 1 implementation of I/DD services
- Social Security expands list of conditions qualifying for expedited processing
- Wanted: A Housing Advocate / Case Manager
- Together We Can Learn Conference scheduled for Wichita March 1
- Resource Central - Former State Rep. Bob Grant
- Envision to participate in study about paper money
- A life-changing decision
- HELP WANTED: Personal Care Attendants
- Resource Central - Lou Ann Coyler Everybody Plays Update
- Tim’s Place Breakfast Lunch and Hugs
- KDADS outlines efforts to educate consumers about incorporating HCBS for individuals with I/DD into KanCare
- VFW Certificate of Patriotism awarded to SKIL's Coatney
- Alert - Scam potential
- Resource Central - Gwain January & Taxes 2014
- SKIL to administer Kansas Assisitive Technology Loan Program
- Waiting List Update - State reaches out to 650 people on waiting lists
- This Season, Shop for Your Health
- 2013 SKIL My Home for the Holiday photos
- Resource Central - SKIL Annual Christmas Dinner 2013
- From USICD: USICD Celebrates the International Day of Persons with Disabilities!
- Training Opportunity - Kansas Voices for Mental Health
- Area Resources
- Latest Kansas Youth Empowerment Academy Newsletter
- My Home for the Holidays
- From Friends of Man: Thanks
- Resource Central - A Talk with John George
- KDADS to host I/DD Friends and Family Tour Dec. 2-5
- Thanksgiving Holiday payroll information