This Season, Shop for Your Health
The holidays are fast approaching, and there’s one must have for every shopping list: health insurance. And the place to get it? The Health Insurance Marketplace at HealthCare.gov. To help you with the process, we’ve compiled the top things to know when choosing and enrolling in plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Read on to learn more about when to sign up, what to do after you enroll, and the discounts you could receive.
2013 SKIL my Home for the Holiday photos
Skip Smith photos are at the link.... Holday photos
The evening started with a great dinner catered by Ultimate Choice Catering from Pittsburg. The Annual Meeting opened with Janet Spillman about 6:30. Rich Proehl, State Representative welcomed everyone to the event and recognized the family style event as one of a kind. Shari Coatney, CEO/Pres. recognized the SKIL Board members of 2013.
Election of Officers for 2014 – 2017 All passed unanimously.
Stephanie Sanford shared with everyone the value of having heroes in the world. She related her own life story and how one person really can make a difference. She then explained how each person in the room has the power to be a Nelson Mandela in their part of the world. Skip Smith presented Stephanie with a portrait.
Annual Awards were presented as follows:
Resource Central - SKIL Annual Christmas Dinner 2013
Juddmo catches up with Melinda Wyans at the Parsons SKIL office along with Dennis, a customer of SKIL, about the upcoming dinner "My Home For The Holidays" on December 6th at the VFW in Parsons. Plus they discuss what kinds of activities there will be at the dinner, and what activities will there be for SKIL's upcoming year.
Hear it Friday mornings on the SKILmedia Radio Network. Max FM 93.5, U-Rock 99.1 FM, Fox Sports 1340 AM, or Katy Country 1540 AM.
From USICD: USICD Celebrates the International Day of Persons with Disabilities!
Today (Dec. 3), the global community celebrates the International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
In the spirit of this year's theme, "Break Barriers, Open Doors: for an inclusive society and development for all", the U.S. International Council on Disabilities calls on the United States Senate to support the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
This international disability treaty is designed to promote dignity, human rights, and inclusion for people with disabilities worldwide.
Training Opportunity - Kansas Voices for Mental Health
- Latest Kansas Youth Empowerment Academy Newsletter
- My Home for the Holidays
- From Friends of Man: Thanks
- Resource Central - A Talk with John George
- KDADS to host I/DD Friends and Family Tour Dec. 2-5
- Thanksgiving Holiday payroll information
- National Council on Disability to have quarterly meeting in Topeka Dec. 4-5
- 30-day comment period opens Nov. 19 for KanCare waiver
- HELP WANTED:
- Open enrollment starts for KanCare members
- Disability Mentoring Day 2013
- How to access the DSW Web Portal
- Resource Central - Kevin Olson's Book Signing
- From USICD: We need your help to get CRPD passed
- Medicaid Managed Care Forum to be presented in Topeka Dec. 5
- Medicare’s Open Enrollment period is Oct.15 - Dec. 7
- Self-employment for individuals with developmental disabilities the topic of workshop coming to Pittsburg State Nov. 13-15
- Farmers and ranchers survey aims to improve prostheses
- Kansas Youth Leadership Forum searching for applicants and volunteers
- Assistive Technology hosts open house for new location
- Resource Central - 9/11 Survivor Michael Hingson
- First Year Anniversary of the CRO of HOPE
- From USICD: Are you ready to push the Disability Treaty through to success in the U.S. Senate?
- State Library of Kansas organizing art show for patrons with visual, physical impairments
- Report on Governor's Mental Health Task Force Roundtable in Chanute
- KU Dole Institutes presents "Disabilities: The Evolution of Equality"
- Kevin Olson book signing event Friday Nov. 8
- Chanute Community News
- Ms. Wheelchair Kansas Seeking Contestants and Nominations for Contestants
- Lawrence woman has made self-advocacy her life’s work
- Resource Central - Allen Crim with SKIL
- The football huddle: Originated by college team for people who are deaf
- Resource Central - Joe Reineker with SKILmedia
- FOR SALE: Wheel chair lift for van
- Government shutdown impacts Medicaid Managed Care Forum meeting for Kansas
- Planning for ADA's 25th Anniversary is underway
- Airlines may not be telling the truth about captioning in-flight entertainment
- Resource Central - Cindy Jones and Assistive Technology
- Global Cash Card - Rewards Program
- Americans with disabilities may be the best workers no one’s hiring
- Well-known voice-over artist Gustin didn't let a disability slow him down
- Lives Changed at the 2013 Kansas Conference on Poverty
- Resource Central - Louann Coyler and the Everybody Plays Program.
- Share Your Voice Public Forum
- Bobby Kindrick
- Special advocacy update on federal issues slated for Sept. 20 in Topeka
- Educational Stakeholders Tour with State of Kansas
- Many Ways To Volunteer
- Like New Hoveround Power Chair for Sale:
- Hiring: Transitional Living Specialist