Pod Cast Listings
Steve Curtis the Working Healthy Program Coordinator presented a brief orientation on the program and shared how it could benefit people who have a disability.
Working Healthy is Medicaid coverage. It allows people with disabilities to return to or increase their work effort without losing critical Medicaid coverage.
Working Healthy encourages people to work, increase their income and accumulate assets in order to reduce long term reliance on public supports.
The Eligibility Criteria include:
- 16-64 years of age
- Meet the Social Security definition of disability
- Verified earned income which is subject to FICA/SECA taxes
- $65.01 minimum income after IRWE, BWE, and income producing costs are deducted
- Earning at or above the federal minimum wage (unless self employed)
- Cannot be on HCBS Wavier
- Cannot be a SSI cash recipient
- Kansas resident
To learn more call your nearest SKIL office. Or you can contact SKIL at 800-688-5616 for a special Work Counselor.